Here's the situation...Collin is breech and very much settled into the position he's in. Ugh! As is, a c-section is my only option. I'm not a fan of this....oddly enough because I worry about the recovery. I'd rather attempt to have a vaginal delivery without an epidural than have a c-section with an epidural. Weird, I know.
I was asking Dr. Bohl-Witchey today how she felt about an aversion (externally flipping Collin) and she is not a fan of it. However, if I really want to try it, she will absolutely try it. There is enough amniotic fluid and the placenta is in the right position to attempt an aversion....Collin is not. He's currently head up, facing out with his hands up by his head and his feet straight over his head! What a little stinker!! He obviously has his momma's stubbornness in him.
So I'm asking you to please pray hard that he will flip. There are some exercises I can try, and will be doing as often as I can but I definitely believe in the power of pray. Dr. Bohl-Witchey said that if he would simply bend his legs, then she thinks an aversion would be successful. So, if you would keep that in mind and pray yes that he flips but at the very least would bend his little legs.
With doing an aversion, she requires me to get an epidural because her best friend, who is also a nurse, had an aversion and begged Dr. Bohl-Witchey to never, ever do that to another woman because it was so painful. As a result, if she does an aversion she requires you to have an epidural. In that case, she would schedule the aversion at 38 or 39 weeks, give me the epidural, attempt the aversion and if successful would start me on pitocin and induce labor. If it wasn't successful, I could either have the c-section right then since the epidural was already in place or, if Collin was still doing ok, we could wait a week and schedule a c-section then. Obviously, I would want to go ahead and have the c-section then....no way would I want to wait with the option of having him then! Therefore, probably in 2 or 3 weeks we'll be meeting our little man....unless he decided to come earlier.
In the mean time, though, please pray that he flips on his own so I can do this on my own. Thanks friends!