2.19.2009

Thank you for your support, now please forgive me...

Ok, this is the last post about this situation, I promise.

I was emailing a friend this morning asking her some questions about her c-section when the Lord sternly hit me over the head about how terribly self-absorbed I have been. Let me explain. I was telling my friend that I'm nervous about the recovery from a c-section because the only thing I have to compare it to is when I was 12 years old, had an emergency appendectomy and 10 days later had another major surgery. That knocked me out for a very long time and seeing as how a c-section is surgery, I was wondering if the recovery time would be comparable. That's what the Lord hit me over the head...

He quite sternly reminded me that medically speaking, there was a very good chance that I would never be able to conceive a child because of that emergency appendectomy and subsequent surgery, yet He made that happen. He gave me the desire of my heart to have a baby and here I am complaining about how Collin is going to be born. Are you kidding me?! Honestly, I have had a good pregnancy and have had a healthy baby boy growing inside of me for the past 9 months and yet I STILL found something to complain about. How He puts up with me day in and day out I will never know!

So I say this to say, thank you so much for your continued support throughout this journey. I covet your prayers and am so very thankful for them! Now, it's my turn to ask for your forgiveness, so please forgive me for being so selfish and self-absorbed. Next time I do that, because unfortunately I'm sure there will be a 'next time', call me out on it.

3 comments:

  1. C-Section Recovery Kits
    www.TheRecoveryKit.com

    Heal faster so that you can focus on what truly matters...baby!!! Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristal-
    I go to the same church as your wonderful parents and I love to get on your blog and see how you are doing and to hear updates on your soon to be little bundle. I have c-sections, just had my third about a month ago. It isn't ideal, but if I can do it ANYONE can! :) I am a huge wuss and I can be a big time baby. The first week is the toughest, but after that you should feel really good. Actually just the first three to four days are the worst, but for so many those aren't even too bad. I wish you the best of luck and pray everything will go perfectly for you and little Collin.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Annie forgot to say is that she doesn't even look like she's had a baby! She's a great mom and you will be as well.
    I know you have to be a little anxious because of your previous surgeries, but we are all praying for you, Collin and Robert. Look forward to hearing all about the birth of that sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!