11.11.2013

Weekend fun and cupcakes!

We had such a nice weekend! Friday night I met our dear friends, Andrew and Angela, first baby...a sweet baby boy! Mommy and baby are doing great and they are all settled at home. I'm so happy for them and their new adventure as parents. They are going to do great!

Then, Saturday I enjoyed a great lunch with Mia and Cassie. What a treat it was to meet up with fellow bloggers and turn a blogger friend into a real life friend! We had the best time brainstorming together about different ways to improve our blog, goals we have and just plain encouragement for one another. If you haven't checked them out, please do! You'll love them!

Cassie-True Agape

Sunday night we enjoyed meeting with our community group and studying the Word together. It's so refreshing to get together,enjoy each other's company and study. Sometimes I feel like there is a misconception that you can't be a Christian/study the Bible and have fun, but our Sunday nights together say the complete opposite...and I love it!

I made some yummy filled cupcakes for us last night. My mom made these when I was growing up and they are so good. I thought I'd share the recipe with you. :)

Filled Cupcakes

1 pkg. German choc. cake
8 oz. cream cheese
Pinch of salt
6 oz. choc. chips
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
nuts-optional
 
1. Prepare cake mix per package directions.
2. Fill cupcake holders 2/3 full.
3. Mix cream cheese, salt, choc. chips, sugar, eggs & nuts together.
4. Deposit cream cheese filling by tsp. on top of cake batter.
5. Bake @ 350 until done (~12-14 min)
6. Enjoy! Store them in the fridge.




 
You'll have to let me know if you try them and what you think. I hope you're having a great Monday!
 



7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! Those sound amazing!!! It is things like that that I try to stay away from! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good (and so easy)! I love a good cupcake! Sounds like you had a great weekend - congratulations to your friends on their baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY.....THOSE ARE SO DELICIOUS!!! Did you know Kristal that some people go ahead and frost them as well? I never felt like they needed anything more so .....as you know.....I always served them plain...so to speak!! Anyway....if you have any left.....remember yo momma!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun weekend indeed! :) You are very encouraging and I'm glad to be getting to "know" you better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I'm enjoying getting to know you better, too! :)

      Delete
  5. the only thing that makes me sad about this post...it that i couldn't be there for lunch with yall!!! rats! ohhh how i love you 3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing! And seem really easy (my kind of recipe). Definitely saving :) Glad you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!