11.22.2013

Five on Friday

It's Friday!! Yay! Robert had to go on an unplanned business trip this week and we just miss him so much when he's gone! Thankfully he doesn't have to travel often. But, he's home now and we have an open weekend, I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately, but it feels so good to have these open weekends after months of busyness, so we're looking forward to lots of family time.

I'm linking up with A.LizAdventures, The Good Life Blog, Carolina Charm and Hello Happiness, plus Lauren Elizabeth for this week's edition.

{one} Today, my mom, practically sister and I are heading to An Affair of the Heart. It a women's shopping event full of a wide variety of goodies. They have vintage things, handmade things, home business items, clothing, etc. Lots of fun things to look at and sometimes buy.

{two} Then tonight, Mia, my mom, her friend and I are heading to our church's yearly women's event, The Christmas Gathering. Mia and I went last year and had a good time. They have a little shop set up, with proceeds going to different mission organizations, then a light dinner, followed by the main event. The main event focuses on things women love for the home, themselves, for others, etc. It's almost like Oprah's favorite things in that during each segment they do, they give us some sort of goody to represent that segment, does that make sense? It's a lot of fun and I'm a big fan of leaving with goodies. :)

{three} Now, you know how I feel about selfies of myself, but recently I talked about needing some hair help and I wanted to give you an update on that, as if you really care about my hair. Ha! Well, I got it trimmed up, it had been since March I believe, so it was really needing some loving. And then Mia and I colored my hair. Well, she did while I sat there. Thanks Mia!! :) I'm LOVING the color so much, and really love how much I saved by doing it myself. :)
 
 
{four} I need your help on this one. I'd like to get an advent calendar this year to help teach the kids about the true meaning of Christmas, Jesus. Of course we've taught them this every year, I just thought an advent calendar might be a fun, hands on way to be reminded of that daily leading up to Christmas. Do you have a favorite calendar you use? Or do you even use one? If not, what are some of your favorite ways to help your children understand what Christmas is really about?
 
{five} Finally, this past Wednesday I revealed the winner of my first giveaway! It was SO fun doing a giveaway that I decided to do another. :) I finally picked my 2014 Erin Condren life planner, after several months of trying to decide, and when the order arrived, I found a $10 gift card in the box. Sweet! So, I decided to give that away to one of my lovely readers! Make sure you enter today, the contest ends on Monday.   


Do you have any suggestions on an Advent calendar? Are your Thanksgiving festivities beginning this weekend?



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead! Does Ashley from www.ashleyannphotography.com go to your church? She's been talking about a Christmas Gathering at her church- it's sounds like so much fun. Too bad I'm a little too far away to come! ;-) Your hair looks great! I'm in desperate need of a cut! "See you" soon friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An affair of the hearts is a great place to get unique Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo GIRL you two are quite the team. your hair looks FAB! hot mama!! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your hair turned out! Can't wait for our night tonight :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks awesome!! I love the color! Sounds like you guys have a fun weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair look so cute! And I love advent calendars, I've used so many different types--I think they're all fun, and yes, some are very good at helping to tell parts of the Christmas story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!