7.24.2013

Beach fun

The last two weeks we've been at the beach. We had a wonderful time! Seriously, I can't say enough good things about Gulf Shores. This was our 6th year to vacation there and every year we're there, it feels more and more like home. It's just comfortable. Beautiful beaches, lovely people, small town feel...just wonderful!

We spent the first week with my parents. We stayed at a condo right in the heart of Gulf Shores. It's fun being close to the action of the city...close to good restaurants, shopping, other happy vacationers. :) Our weather was surprisingly rainy/stormy this year. We only had a couple days of really nice weather. One day was a complete wash out....I'm talking heavy, heavy rain all day! But, most days were a mix of sun and storms. And really, it was ok because we were at the beach!

Our last day with my family was beautiful!! The nicest day by far. We decided to go on a jet ski dolphin tour. It's a 2 hour jet ski tour with a guide who takes you all around the bay, showing you parts of Gulf Shores you can only get to by water, fun places to play on the jet skis and the best places to see dolphins. Robert, Collin and I went last year and had a great time!! This year, my parents and Emma went too. Let me tell you, I was nervous taking Emma along. But, we sandwiched her between Robert and I and she did great. I was so sore after the tour, though, from squeezing my thighs together and maintaining a death grip on Robert's life vest to keep her secured. But, it was fun!

Gulf Shores is only about 45min to an hour away from Pensacola. That being said, until this year we had never seen the Blue Angels fly by. But we got a real treat one day on the beach. They came by, on their way to Ft. Morgan, which is about 20 miles from where we stayed in Gulf Shores. They were doing all kinds of maneuvers and showing off. It was so, so cool!! I'm bummed, though, because I was wasn't able to get a single picture of them.

Well, that quickly tells about different highlights of our vacation. We're always thankful for time away with our family to slow down, reconnect and relax. Here are just a few pics from our first week at the beach. I hope you enjoy them!















This post became surprisingly long, so I might do a part 2 just more pics of our week. :)

Until next time,
Kristal

4 comments:

  1. Makes me want to be there, can we all just move there please... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know I adore that idea!!! If we can't move there, maybe we should figure out a way to "summer" there :)

      Delete
  2. ALWAYS A GREAT VACATION TOGETHER!!! THE LITTLE SWEETIES JUST GET MORE AND MORE FUN EACH YEAR AS THEY ENJOY THE OCEAN MORE AS WELL!!! YOUR PICS ARE REAL GOOD KRISTAL!! AS ALWAYS....THANKS FOR SHARING!!! LOVE YOU SO....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kiddos are already talking about going to the beach next year. :) Love you!!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!