9.09.2013

We love Neighbor!

I am reminded quite often what wonderful friends the Lord has blessed me with and it's not something I take lightly. I certainly believe we walk through seasons and sometimes friends are brought into our lives for a season, but other times they are brought in our lives forever. I've been blessed to make several of those lifetime friendships and I am so very grateful.

Today, I want to brag on highlight one of the sweetest people I know. Her name is Amanda and we met the first day we were at college...moving day. Now, I was very excited to be at a college and setting up my dorm room, but I was also terrified nervous! I didn't know anybody at school and making friends can be very intimidating. However, the Lord knew just what I needed when he made Amanda my neighbor! She lived across the hall from me and when we met that day, I'm pretty sure our conversation went something like this:

A: Hi, I'm Amanda!
K: Hi, I'm Kristal! So, do you know anybody here at school?
A: No, I don't. Do you?
K: No, I don't either. Wanna be friends?
A: Yes! Let's be friends!

I kid you not, we literally talked about and decided to be friends right then and there. How many people can you do that with and it actually work out?! But it worked out so very good. We like to reminisce about how we were each other's first friend's at college. As the school year continued, we were pretty much inseparable. We'd leave our doors open while we were in our rooms and just continually talk. Pretty quickly we started calling one another "Neighbor" and it has stuck. We very rarely call each other by name and when we do it almost sounds weird. Haha. Our friends even know us as Neighbor.

Our friendship has stood the test of time very well. Just last month was our 10 year friend anniversary. :) We have been through highs and lows together and I couldn't ask for a better friend. She is loving, kind, selfless, funny, giving, thoughtful, caring and so many more things! I absolutely adore the way she loves my kids and how they love her back. They affectionately call her Auntie Neighbor and we love it!

Although we do not live in the same state and sometimes go months without talking and catching up, every single time we reconnect, we pick up right where we left off and carry on. We just get each other and it is so very nice to just be real and genuine with one another, unafraid to be ourselves. Actually, she's one of those people that push me to be a better person and friend and I love it.

Life circumstances lately have reminded me how important it is to tell those we love, that we love them. And to not waste our time together. So, I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank Neighbor for sticking with me all these years. For loving me unconditionally. For loving my family. For loving my kids. For being her! Love you, Neighbor!!!





 

Please continue to pray for Mia's brother! You can read about his story here. #prayformayberry!

Until next time,
Kristal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!