9.30.2013

Our lives to share

Sometimes I forget that what I go through and experience in my life, both good and bad, is meant to be shared with others. I can find myself in the mindset that what I experience is mine only, meant to be kept private. And sure, there are things that I do believe are meant to only be shared with you, God and specific people involved in that experience. But on a broader scale, I think we forget that what we're going through, or may go through in the future, somebody else has either gone through it or will go through it. We're not alone.

This past week, I've found myself studying Abraham and this truth has been pushed deeper and deeper. Genesis 12:2-3 says "I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." What we experience in our life is meant to be used as a blessing for those around us, near and far. That means, I'm meant to share those experiences. They are not just my own.

It can be a lot easier to share the good that happens in my life and much harder to share the bad, too. But there is value in both!! As I've watched the horrific situation with Mia's brother, Christian, continue to unfold, it has been such a blessing to watch as people have stepped up, near and far, whether they personally know the Mayberry family or not. And to watch God's hand at work has been amazing!! There have been things, situations, experiences that have happened years prior in other's lives that are being used in tremendous ways to bless the Mayberry family today. Only God could do that!

So, as I go through this day, I'm trying to remember that what I experience and go through can, and is meant to, bless others in ways I don't even know...even if it's simply to let somebody else know they are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!