2.24.2014

5 sweet years

Today my (our) sweet boy turns 5 years old. Five! That's a big one!! Motherhood has rocked my world! As I reflect back on the last 5 years, what I feel the most is...gratitude. Extremely thankful that God blessed us with his precious life...and gave us the opportunity to be his parents.
He is such a sweet boy. Here are some of my favorite things about him.

His heart is tender and he's sensitive to the needs around him. A few months ago I wasn't feeling too well and laid down after Robert got home from work. Collin took it upon himself to make sure I had a steady supply of water, was comfortable in my bed and even laid with me and rubbed my arm to help me feel better. Such a sweetie!

He's smart and loves to learn. 

He loves to laugh and have a good time.

He loves to make people laugh and will do anything he thinks might accomplish that.

He loves his sister. They are truly best friends and I pray it stays that way.

He loves to play outside and be active.

He's the carbon copy of Robert. Even to the point of pushing my buttons. :)

He loves Jesus. I pray one day soon he comes to know Him as his personal Lord and Savior.

This is certainly not an exhaustive list, but just some of my favorite things about him. He's growing up so much every day, but when I tuck him into bed, I still see my sweet baby.

Happy birthday, sweet boy!! I love you so much!!


11 comments:

  1. Awww bless him!!!! :)
    Happy 5th birthday, Collin!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! This was so sweet. I hope you all have a wonderful and fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to the sweetest lil boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little thing! Happy 5th Birthday..enjoy celebrating. He's a WHOLE handful :)!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are the cutest! Happy birthday to Collin!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 5th Birthday, Collin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to be writing a post about my first borns 5th birthday before we know it! Man, time is flying by and I heard it only goes faster once the little ones arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all too true Cassie!! I feel like I blinked & he's 5!! Soak up every moment you can :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to your big boy! :) Love that first story about how he took care of you - SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!