2.21.2014

Five on Friday: Current Reads

Happy Friday!! I'm looking forward to this weekend as we celebrate Collin turning 5 with his first friend birthday party! How did 5 years go by so quickly?! That's a story for another day. :)

Today I'm linking up with Darci {and friends} for Five on Friday and Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday. I thought it would be fun to highlight some of the books I'm currently reading, getting ready to read or will be reading in the near future. So let's do it!

{one} Balancing it All by Candace Cameron Bure Who doesn't love D.J. Tanner, right? Well, I've come to really enjoy Candace Cameron Bure as a wife and mother and most importantly, a believer in Jesus. Her new book is a fun read detailing how she maintains the appropriate balance in the life.


{two} Hands Free Mama by Rachel Macy Stafford I was turned onto this book after reading a blog post Rachel wrote back in December. It's all about living in the moment. I'll be reading this along with some other momma friends sometime in the near future, so if you'd like to read it with me (us) let me know!

{three} Restless by Jennie Allen I'm so excited to start reading this book!! I actually snagged the kindle version for $2.99 the other day. Nice! That's neither here nor there, though. This book is about finding purpose within our everyday life, seeing God's will for our life weaved into every twist and turn of our story.


{four and five} Sparkly Green Earrings and The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle. Sparkly Green Earrings is about Motherhood and The Antelope in the Living Room is about marriage. I've heard nothing but good things about both of these books...that they have you laughing until you're crying. That sounds so fun!!
 
There ya have it, some of my current reads. Here's a question. Would you be interested in a review of each book when I finished reading them? Or, better yet, if anybody wants to read along, let me know and we could read together.

What about you? Are you a reader? What are some of your current reads?

*Find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, & Bloglovin. I'd love to connect with you!

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to get these! I LOVED sparkly green earrings and antellope...I would love to read Hands Free with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should totally be more of a reader! EEEP! :)
    Currently reading Tim Keller's Meaning of Marriage!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to read The Antelope in the living room too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing so many good things lately about Melanie Shankle's books that I'm adding them to my must read list! And Balancing It All is already on my list.. my friend Natalie lives in LA and actually babysits for Candace Bure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the link up. Looking froward to checking out the book by Candace Bure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got the Antelope one...
    I was curious about the one by DJ Tanner - that's who she'll always be to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've JUST finished 'Balancing it all' and LOVED it. Nice & easy read. And who didn't love Full House! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hands Free Mama is wonderful! I'll have to check out the other ones! Found you through the link up...Happy Reading!

    Anne
    www.lovethehereandnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those kindle deals will really get you :) haha I had no idea that was DJ Tanner until you said that! I was like WHAT? And then zoomed in on the cover! I love book reviews, so my vote is to definitely share when you're done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!