3.07.2014

Psalm 130-Wait for Him

I am so excited to join the She Reads Truth community every Friday during Lent as we gather together, study specific Scriptures each week and share what the Lord is teaching us! I hope you'll join in too!!

******
 
Wait. Waiting. It's not something we're too accustomed to in our culture. We want the biggest, the best and we want it right now

But there is tremendous value in waiting. It teaches us patience. It teaches us self-control and self-discipline. It teaches us to live in the moment.
 
Psalm 130: 5-6 says "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning."
 
Often times, we find ourselves waiting in His presence when life is hard, when things don't make sense, when we're ‘watching for the morning’. The nights, dry spells, wearisome seasons can be so very long. We may be struggling financially, relationally, to have children, to have a spouse, to have friends. Our long nights and trying seasons can look very different from each other’s. But, we have the same promise.   Morning always comes. The Lord always comes.

Source
 



There is sweet refreshment and strengthening when we sit before the Lord, waiting. He longs for us to wait in His presence. Linger...just a little longer with Him in His word, in His presence. Patiently listen to His voice. Letting His promises and His word sink deep into our soul until we are convinced we have no other hope than Him.

Whatever your burden is today, whatever your night looks like, causing you to long for morning, lean close into Him. Wait with Him. Wait for Him. Sit in His presence and let Him speak to you today. Let Him love you. Let Him show you His faithfulness. Let Him redeem you and your cares to Him. He will not let you down!
What are your thoughts on the passage? Do you find it difficult to wait on Him?

Follow me on:

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for this encouragement, Kristal! Waiting is such a trying time, but remembering that He will not let me down is brings so much hope. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting IS such a trying time! But waiting on Him has brought me some of the sweetest moments with Jesus that I've ever had. I may not always like it, but I have experienced the blessing in waiting on Him. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Linger. What a beautiful reminder. Thank you for posting today! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linger! It's not always easy to do, but oh does it bring sweet, intimate moments with Him! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You are such a beautiful person inside and out! I love She Reads Truth! Waiting is so difficult, but it's so calming to really trust God because all those fears and worries dissipate and my relationship with God becomes unbreakable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Waiting is not my strength, but there are so many lessons in the wait time when I open my eyes and my heart and ask the Lord to let me see clearly. And thank God for the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love She Reads Truth, it's one of the first things I read every morning :) Waiting is hard, so hard when you just want a certain time to pass. I've definitely been there but I've tried to find the joy even in the waiting times. God has us where he wants us - for a reason - and we just have to trust in his greater plan! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The morning always comes. The Lord always comes." How awesome to be reminded of this promise. Thank you so much for sharing what God placed on your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this post today-- I'm excited to read along with you as you do these each week! It's so true that we struggle with waiting for His timing-- it's hard not to be selfish sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, great job girl. Waiting is not something that our generation is good at, but I certainly feel comfort in knowing that God is in charge, who better!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristal, I love how you said "morning always come." Why do I tend to forget that? :)

    So lovely meeting you today through She ReadsTruth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For sure. With our culture waiting is so hard! And waiting for Him to direct us is even harder because our flesh wants to make decisions faster. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to your Friday posts in this Lent season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this part of the passage too!!! But waiting can be so hard...glad to be reminded of why it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the reference to Matthew 11:28-30. He truly gives us peace beyond comprehension when we rest in Him! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waiting is so tough sometimes, especially when it's something we want so badly. This was a beautiful truth! Another scripture I cling to in the waiting is Psalm 27:14 - Wait for The Lord; be strong, take heart, and wait for The Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!