3.10.2014

Slow cooker Cabbage Rolls

My mom made a delish dish on a cold night last week that I loved so much I just had to share with y'all. Technically, I didn't make it, but it was too good not to share! We paired it with some yummy Rhode's rolls.

Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
 
1 large head cabbage
1 can tomato sauce (8oz)
3/4 cup minute rice
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ounce onion soup mix
1 1/2 pounds lean ground meat
1 can V8 juice (48 oz)
Salt, to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
 
1. Cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Set aside 12 large leaves for rolls; drain well. (refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use) Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each reserved leaf, making a V-shaped cut; set aside
2. In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, rice, bell pepper, cracker crumbs, eggs & soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
3. Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture on each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf. Fold in sides, beginning with the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose filling. Secure toothpicks if desired.
4. Put cabbage rolls in a slow cooker. Pour V8 juice over rolls. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with salt and cheese, if desired.
 
 
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
 
Follow me on:


3 comments:

  1. YUM. I love me some cabbage. Seriously! This sounds aaaaamaze! (And I bet it was even better made my your mama! Things taste better when mom makes them. :))
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really liked cabbage but my husband would LOOOVE this! I think the next time I go out of town, I'll make this for him to eat while I'm gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cabbage rolls are one of my favorite foods but I've always been WAY too scared to try and make them! I love that this is in a slow cooker-- I'm definitely going to keep this in mind for a day I'm feeling adventurous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!