3.05.2014

Leibster Award

Sweet Bailley @ Lew Party of 2 nominated me for the Leibster Award. Back in December I was tagged for the Sunshine Award, which is pretty similar to this award. I'll be cheating and using some of the same things. :) 

In this award, you'll find 11 random facts about myself, 11 questions from Bailley & 11 questions for the blogs I tag. Here we go!



{11 random facts}

1. Hair grosses me out. Not all hair. Specifically if you're staying at a hotel and find hair in the shower...or your bed. Totally, completely grosses me out and I cannot relax the rest of the time I'm there. Weird, I know.

2. I broke my middle finger swinging from a rope swing into the Rio Grande river with Robert...and I didn't even cry. I was trying my best to be tough and impress him. If that happened today, no doubt I'd cry.

3. I had an emergency appendectomy when I was 12 years old...followed by another major surgery 2 weeks later. The Drs said it was a miracle I lived.

4. I have to sleep with a sound machine on ocean waves. Can't sleep without it. I even travel with it.

5. I have only lived without a dog during the years I was at college.

6. I graduated college in 3 years with my degree in Psychology.

7. Vacuuming is oddly relaxing for me.

8. I LOVE coffee. That's probably not a random, unknown fact about me. But if I'm feeling stressed, just enjoying a cup of coffee helps me relax.

9. I only have one sibling, a younger brother.

10. I received my one & only(to date, at least) speeding ticket ON my 17th birthday. Yeah, the cop was NOT so nice. Who gives you a ticket ON your birthday?! LAME!

11. I'm a sucker for Hallmark movies. Yes, the cheesy, predictable Hallmark movies.

{11 questions for me}

1. What is your favorite TV series?
Right now, it's Parenthood! I LOVE that show.

2. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico. That's my absolute favorite vacation thus far in our life together.

3. What is your favorite blog post you've written?
Last June Robert and I celebrate 7 years of marriage. I wrote a post on some of the things I've learned during those 7 years of marriage.

4. What food could you not live without?
Does coffee count as a food?! It's the one thing I have EVERY day. If it doesn't count, probably chocolate.

5. Fill in the blank: I am most happy when...
My hubby and kids are happy and I'm able to sit down for a minute and just soak up time with them.

6. What is your perfect date night?
Hmm, good question. There isn't one thing, per say, that would make a perfect date night. Being with my hubby, completely focused on each other, is the perfect date night for me.

7. What is a beauty product you cannot live without?
Mascara. Without it, I always look tired and my eyes don't stand out. With it, I look awake and alert...even if I'm not. :)

8. What is your favorite memory from growing up?
Daddy-daughter dates. There is one in particular, it may have been our first one actually, that stands out. It was just my dad and I for a few hours. We had lunch at McDonald's and then went to a local store and he let me pick out a new outfit. I felt like such a princess having my daddy's undivided attention that day and being spoiled like I was. (He's still an awesome daddy and spoils me every chance he gets. :))

9. What is one blog you check daily?
Erin at Blue Eyed Bride. There are lots of others I check daily, too.

10. Beach or the Mountains?
I'm a beach girl, hands down! However, since being with my hubby, I have come to greatly appreciate the beauty of the mountains.

11. What movie did you last see? Your thoughts?
I had a chance to see Son of God before it was released. I really enjoyed it. It left me wanting to dig into the Word and deepen my relationship with Him all the more.

{11 questions from me}
1. What do you love about blogging?
2. What does a typical day look like for you?
3. Do you have any "guilty pleasure" TV shows?
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
5. What's the most important thing I should know about you?
6. What's one place you have to visit in your lifetime?
7. Do you have any summer vacation destinations you visit yearly?
8. Do you prefer the ocean or mountains?
9. What's your favorite flower?
10. If you could do anything without fear of failure, what would it be?
11. Do you get up early or stay up late?

I nominate:
Jessi @ Jessi's Design
Taylor @ Tattered to Taylored
Veronica @ Vero Says
Carly @ Carly Blogs Here
Carrington @ Momma Fussell
Erin @ Bells Will Be Ringing
Holly @ Everyday Boldness

Thanks for reading along! I look forward to learning more about you! :)


Follow me on:


6 comments:

  1. LOVED reading your answers and getting to know you more! Love that you and your dad would do dates, such sweet times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! :) I couldn't live without my mascara either and am a beach girl all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daddy daughter date sounds precious. I still laugh at your odd vacuuming relaxation thing. You love the beach and have to sleep with waves coming out of your sounds machine.... Let's make this REAL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I have a thousand things to comment on this post! YES to the hair thing-- my hair is always everywhere but other people's hair-- NOT okay! Graduating in three years is amazing!! I love all your answers to the questions too-- such a sweet and special memory of the dates with your dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would graduate college in 3 years! I just knew you were super woman. I knew it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Graduating in three years? So awesome!! I agree with you, what kind of cop gives you a ticket on your birthday! And Hallmark movies, oh my word! Yes! I especially love the Christmas ones! The memory of your dad is so precious! And you can come visit me and Lincoln in Fernandina Beach anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!