5.13.2014

Mother's Day Fun!

I feel blessed to say that my Mom is one of my best friends! And with each passing year, I appreciate her more and more...the love and sacrifice she made as she raised my brother and I {she is why I always aspired to be a stay-at-home-mommy} and the love and wisdom she offers today as I walk this journey of motherhood. She's everything to me.


Via

This year I wanted to do something a little different than I have in years past and take her out on a surprise Mother/Daughter date. My amazing Dad (thanks Dad!) offered to watch the kiddos so I could take my momma out on Friday. I didn't tell her anything other than to be ready at 9:45am.

Our first stop, of course, was manicures at our favorite nail salon {TLC Nails}. Next, was lunch and dessert at Memory Lane Tea Room. I was excited to take her there because I was pretty sure she had never been before. I was correct and she was thrilled to try it out. {The baked fudge is out.of.this.world! Seriously!!}

We enjoyed the best conversation and company together! It had been far too long since we had one on one time. Usually the kiddos are with us, which is fine and we enjoy that immensely, but sometimes just mother/daughter time is necessary!

Overall, I had a great time and I know she had a great time because she told me over and over how much she enjoyed it. Love you, Mom!!



Linking up for Tuesday Tea:
 
 


18 comments:

  1. this is so sweet! i hope you all had a great time, you're such a lovely daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at the beautiful card!! Your surprise was absolutely WONDERFUL although completely unnecessary!! However...I thoroughly enjoyed our time together!! You, darlin, are my precious, beautiful inside and out daughter and I love you more than words can say!! You are a GREAT momma to my two precious grandchildren and I am so blessed to have you all in my life!! THANKS again honey for everything!! Love you always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I love it, what a special day. I love your moms comment too <3 Such beautiful women, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a special day!! A manicure + tea sounds like the perfect girly day! Happy you both had a wonderful Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that we'll never out grow momma/daughter dates :) love this & that sweet comment from your Momma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun! What a great idea! Happy Belated Mother's Day, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day! Baked fudge is one of my favorite desserts, so I'm definitely going to have to go try it out! And I completely agree with being able to recognize the sacrifice your mom made once you become a mom. I already appreciated everything my mom did for us, but it's on a completely different level now that I'm a mom. Ps....your mom's comment made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mother/daughter dates are so fun. My mom and I recently had one - it had been ages since we hung out without the kids, and we had such a good time! I love all of the pictures, and your mom looks like she could be your sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kristal, Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!!! I wish you a very lovely day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah! Love it! Mama/daughter days are the absolute best and you def get points for this planned Mother's Day! Glad it was fabulous for both you and your mama! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a perfect day with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! How sweet! What a great idea to spend some one on one time with her! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet! That first quote about mom's could not be more true! So glad you guys had a good time together & you were able to treat her to a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a good daughter. Your children will show you the same love and gratitude because you have modeled it so well. Manicures with momma always make for a great date!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!