5.19.2014

Homemade Sloppy Joes with Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Happy Monday! I hope you enjoyed a good weekend with those you love, doing what you love!

I've been brainstorming over my blog, wanting to bring the best content possible to y'all, which has lead me to change my Moday recipes to a Monday meal. I'll share with you simple weeknight meals my family enjoys and hope y'all will enjoy them, too! {Also, I'd love to hear what you enjoy reading most from me, so please send me your thoughts!}

This one of my all time favorite dinners! Seriously, once you enjoy homemade sloppy joes, you'll never make Manwhich again! It's super easy, makes a ton {even when I half the recipe} and tastes just as good the second and third time you reheat it!

 
Sloppy Joes
5 lbs hamburger
5 green peppers, chopped
5 onions, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 large Ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup mustard
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 tsp chili powder
salt & pepper to taste
 
Brown hamburger with onions. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for at least an hour or until consistency wanted.

 
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
3-4 sweet potatoes, chopped
olive oil
cinnamon & sugar, to taste
honey, to taste
 
Heat oven to 400 degrees
Coat sweet potatoes in olive oil, then sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar
Roast in oven for 30 min.
Drizzle with honey & serve.
*The roasted sweet potatoes were adapted from Mia's recipe.
 
I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we do! The sloppy joes are so easy and very customizable, so just adjust the ingredients as needed to accomodate your needs!
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Oh Monday Meal is a good idea! I'd love to see pictures with them! And that way I can pin it for later too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my husband would LOVE this. He's a huge sloppy joe fan! We make roasted sweet potatoes like once a week - we're addicted to them! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove sloppy joes and ate them all the time growing up, but this is another thing my husband refuses to eat! I might need to try your sweet potato recipe though! I really like them, but the one time I tried to make them on my own they weren't very good so I haven't tried again since then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm... I can use veggie meat to make those - I've got to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well these sound delish.. the potatoes.... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds soo good! Thanks so much for sharing! I bookmarked it for later!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to try this! I try to eat sweet potatoes and I'm always buying them and never actually use them. I have a natural aversion to it, but I really need to just give in especially since this sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sweet potatoes are definitely on my meal plan this week :) I have to try those sloppy joes, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! the best comfort food! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup- need to add this to one of my weeks!! Thanks for sharing love!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious!!! I make roasted sweet taters quite often but I've never added the sugar to them! Sounds yummy! Gotta love homemade sloppy joe sauce! Now I'm totally going to be craving them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds so good! I've never made homemade sloppy joes, but must try. My kids would love the roasted sweet potatoes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!