5.15.2014

Thankful Thursdsay Week 20

Happy Thursday to you! I hope you'll join Katie, Mia, Carly and I as we focus on gratitude this week, big and small. Just link up below or share your thoughts in the comment section.

 
Today is a bit different than my usual Thankful Thursday posts. You see, yesterday we made an unexpected trip from Tulsa to Albuquerque to attend the memorial service of a childhood friend of Robert's today. Earlier this week he died unexpectedly in his sleep. Heartbreaking!
 
Is it just me or is it ridiculously easy to lose focus of how wonderful it is to wake up eachseem easier, and more appealing, to slink under the warm covers and snooze for '5 more minutes'.
 
But, through the events of this week, I'm reminded how grateful I am to wake up each morning. Even when it's early, even when the kids are calling and the demands of the day are waiting for my first step out of bed. I'm alive! Let's not forget to be grateful for something as simple, and miraculous, as the very breath we are breathing.
Via

Via
I'll be back Monday with a scrumptous homemade Sloppy Joe recipe that you won't want to miss. Until then, take time to really enjoy the beauty of everyday!
 


11 comments:

  1. Its always a little shaking to hear of an unexpected death... makes you realize how precious life is & tomorrow isn't promised. Yes - I'll take the reminder to breath today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... those are the worst stories. So sorry for your hubby's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for you and your family and the family of the child. thank you for this. you eloquently put into words something we all needed to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. What a difficult and sad time. You're so right in how easy it is for us to take for granted just being able to wake up each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO sad to hear news like that.. Such an easy thing to forget about to be thankful for.. I am also thankful to be up and working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about Robert's friend! Prayers and good thoughts are going out to you guys and his family. Such a beautiful reminder to appreciate life.. just hate the expense it usually has to come at. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. im so sorry for your loss - its so horrible that things like this have to happen for us to realise what we should already know - life is short and to live it to the fullest! but life gets in the way. anyway, i am sorry love, hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe travels while you're away. Hate this for Robert, so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so easy to take life for granted isn't it? Praying for the family and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for the loss of this friend. Your post makes a great point though! Thank you for the reminder to be excited and happy for each day. Thankful to wake up daily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for the loss. Friends are so dear to our hearts.
    Life is so fleeting; we must always cherish it for the gift it is. I've had a very thoughtful week also. Learning to appreciate everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!