5.05.2014

May Monthly Focus

I so enjoyed having a monthly focus last month, so I decided to do it again this month. I thought and thought over what I wanted to focus on and, in comparison to last month, I almost feel selfish for what I've decided to focus on this month. However, my monthly focus will enable me to fulfill last month's monthly focus. Ok, that was a lot of mumbo jumbo...if you're still reading, I'm sure you're thinking "Get to the point, Lady!". Well, here we go...

This month I'm focusing on taking care of myself. Specifically, spiritually and physically.
 
 
I love taking care of my family. Making sure all of their needs are met. But, many times that means I put my own needs on the back burner. And sometimes that's ok. But, my two areas of focus for this month require that I do not put them on the back burner. If I'm caring for myself spiritually and physically, I will be able to better care for my family.

Being a busy wife and mother, I've had to get creative with how I put myself first spiritually and physically. I recently implemented a new routine for myself that involves waking at 5:30 to ensure I can spend some quiet time with the Lord and work in a little cardio before the kiddos wake up. Then later in the day, I'm able to do the rest of my workout. It's not always easy to get up early like that, but when I do, my day feels much better. Specifically, when I get up and spend the first part of my day with Him, my days feels much better.

So, this month I plan to be intentional with putting myself first, spiritually and physically. Y'all will have to keep me accountable on this, too. It's awfully easy to hit the snooze button. :)

Thanks, Maegan, for hosting such a good monthly link up!



Also, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, check out my favorite Mexican dip...that can also be a full meal. Mexi Dip!

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic focus, love! You are such a wonderful wife and mommy, you need to take care of yourself on a regular basis to be just that for your family. Now if you could just teach me to wake up and do cardio? The funny thing is I get up at 6am most every morning to have Jesus time and catch up on emails or blog because I can't during the day. The minute the idea comes into my head of working out I hit the snooze. It's like my body despises working out in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing this, it's important to take care of YOU too! You are an AMAZING mother :) I'm glad that you have found a new routine that is working for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not selfish at all! Taking care of yourself is the first step in better taking care of everyone else around you :) I can't wait to hear more about this as the month progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the time to do that :)
    You are worth it though - take care of yourself!!! Pamper yourself... I think an appointment for a massage is due! Right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is so important! After all, how can we take care of others if we aren't taking care of ourselves?! As much as I love sleeping :), I always feel SO much better when I get up earlier and have some "me" time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!