4.08.2014

Sparkly Green Earrings

Can I just say how nice it is to have Robert home?! It's so nice! He was able to work from home yesterday and battle his jet lag. It was just so great to have him home...even when he was working! But, enough of me gushing about that, on to a book I'd love to gush about....
 
 
Let me tell you, I loved this book. My friend Jen let me borrow it {Thanks, Jen!} and I sat down with it one afternoon while the kids napped and read half way through the whole thing right then! It was such a good and fast read.

Melanie has a great way of expressing her thoughts in an incredibly relatable way. I had heard people say they literally laughed out loud & cried while reading the book, and it's not that I didn't believe them, but, I guess, maybe I didn't believe them. Ha! Let me tell you...she makes you laugh and cry the whole way through.

And I really don't think you have to be a mother to enjoy this book. Obviously being a mother makes it even more enjoyable, but I still think you'd really enjoy it if you're not a mother.

Have you read Sparkly Green Earrings? What did you think about it? I can't wait to read her new book The Antelope in the Living Room

Also, at the end of the book, there was an ad for A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet. Have you read that book? I'm curious about it and think I might have to read that soon, too.

Follow me

10 comments:

  1. Loved A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet!! It was such a fun book! :) Add it to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you have my interest peaked! So is it one long story or several short stories? I have not heard of the book before...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so welcome, Kristal! And guess what? This book nerd owns "A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet" as well. I'll bring it by your house sometime if you would like. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read both of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am not a mother but this book looks good! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED the book. And my sister isn't a mom but loved it, too! If I wasn't saving money I'd have already bought and read her second book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice that Robert could work from home yesterday :)

    I definitely want to read this book now! I love books that keep you smiling and laughing and engaged the entire way through!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading The Antelope in the Living Room & its AWESOME!!! I've actually slowed down reading it because I don't want it to end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I listened to the audio book yesterday and loved it....and started listening to it again this morning! Life with an infant doesn't allow much time for reading, but the hour and half round-trip work commute has plenty of time for listening :) I'll definitely be listening to The Antelope in the Living Room next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!