4.03.2014

Thankful Thursday Week 14

I know everybody keeps saying "I can't believe it's April!", but seriously, I can't believe it's April!! This year is just flying by and we're already on week 14 of our Thankful Thursday link up! Crazy! My sweet co-hosts Katie @ Katie Elizabeth, Mia @ MakeMeUpMia, Carly @ Carly Blogs Here and I hope you'll join us this week and either link up with us or share in the comments what you're thankful for this week. Here we go!


What is predominately on my mind this week is Robert. I am so very thankful I get to share my life with him.

You know the phrase "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."? Well, it is so true!! Robert has been overseas on a business trip since Saturday and I miss my man!

I am so thankful he doesn't have to travel regularly and I have tremendous respect for wives who's husbands regularly travel. It takes a special women to hold down the fort like that on a regular basis!

Even though I'm counting down the hours for Robert to return, it's been good, too, while he's been gone. We've had a lot of fun with friends and family. And it's been good for Robert and I, speaking on my behalf only, to have the opportunity to allow our hearts to grow fonder. Does that make sense?

It can be so easy to get stuck in a routine in your marriage between work, kids, home, church and every other thing that pulls you this way and that way. But having him gone, gone to the point that I can't regularly talk to him even, reminds me how much I adore doing life with him. At one point this week I even told him I was addicted to him. Ha!

But really, apart from God, Robert is my rock. He's a wonderful hubby, an incredible daddy and my best friend. I'm thankful God chose me to be his wife. He knew exactly what He was doing! :)

Follow me

11 comments:

  1. So sweet! I can only imagine having to be away! So far in our 2 and a half marriage we have only spent one night apart and it seems so odd and I missed Ryan so much. So I can only imagine what you are feeling. I do see how it could bring you closer together though. Enjoy your man when he gets back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so precious together..! I agree.. Absence is ok and makes you really appreciate who you are sharing your life with..! Hope he's coming home soon!' :)

    xoVeronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Nick travels a lot but they are short trips, usually one or two nights which makes it a lot more doable. I've actually come to enjoy the time alone where I can order sushi for dinner and hog the bed :) But still, nothing beats having them home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David has traveled overseas a bunch for work and I hate it every time! I miss him so much when he's gone! But I'm glad you've had fun while he's been gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand you completely and I think it's great you have such a wonderful marriage. I think the signs of a healthy relationship are the fact that you can be apart and function normally. When my husband is away, I miss him, of course, but I don't badger him or make him feel bad for leaving. I want him to know the house is running just fine and he doesn't have to worry. And, when he comes home, I'm excited to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be so sad if Zack had to travel for work, we are so codependent on one another! Haha. It is true though that absence makes the heart grow fonder. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Counting down the days! At least we get to spend tonight and Saturday together, then BAM he'll be home! You 2 are so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two are precious and amazing!!! And I am with you, how is it April?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this post! It is so encouraging and sweet. I'm sure you are so ready to see him!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet post! I agree with you though, I have mad respect for women who have husbands that travel. I don't think I could do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a little note! I love hearing from you!!